Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fashion Week

So… I entered a fashion week. It’s on the 23rd. It was meant to be a Fashion Week but due to a late response it will now be held for one night in front of the judges on the 23rd of July. The briefing is that each designer needs to design and make 4 outfits to present on the catwalk. All entrants are high school pupils over the age of 15 (I turned 15 a month ago). It’s a fair competition, we’re all armatures and all within the same age group.

What do we win? Well, up for grabs is a fashion design short course to the value of R8,440 by LISOF (London International School Of Fashion) A Professional Fashion Portfolio Shoot to the value of R2,500 by international Photographer, Tim Moolman. And a 2 night stay for two guests at the Chartwell 4 star guesthouse, Umhlanga. To the value of R2,200.

What did I enter? I entered four Trashion items. the 96 Dress, Sun Kissed, Va Nola And Comic Candy (Photos at a later time). I had to hand in a portfolio and I can’t say that I put a lot of effort into it, because fashion design is effortless but I did take care in putting it together. I gave it my all. I went all out. (When I get the Portfolio back, I’ll scan pictures of it)

So fashion show. 23 July. Wish me luck!

scan0004

No comments:

Post a Comment