Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Fashion god, Gert-Johan Coetzee.










The photos above are of Gert-Johan's designs.

I came across an article in a magazine about Gert-Johan, and I think he is a genious! Im my opinon he is the fashion god! He is 22 years young, and he has already designed for loads of celebs, including former miss SA, Cindy Nell-Roberts, TV presenter, Liezle van der Westhuizen, singers Thembi Seete and Louise Carver, but to name a few.
In grade 1 Gert-Johan made dresses for his crayons useing little bits of fabric and sticky-tape, and when he was eight he made his first real frock. "It was navy-blue evening dress for my mom and when I think back I can't even belive I got it right," he said with a laugh.
Gert-Johans mom, Hesti, decided to give him more freedom and from grade 8 (standard 6) he was home-schooled {I was also home schooled up untill the beginning of 2010}. Gert-Johan wrote matric at 16 years of age, then completed a two-year course in fashion design at The North West School of Design in Klerksdorp, (they are on FaceBook). He was twice named student of the year {witch is very impressive considering he was only there for two years.} and won the high fashion prize at the Vakani fashion evening, in the process earning a three-month internship in Johannesburg.
Gert-Johan says "I'm involved in fashion design because I love it".
I hope that you guys enjoyed reading about a man with such an amazing talent as much as i enjoyed writing about him.
Credits:
You Magazine: for doing a fantastic article on Gert-Johan Coetzee
www.google.com: for the photos of Gert-Johan and his designs







No comments:

Post a Comment