Thursday, August 11, 2011

Third Place

So Saturday the 23rd of July was the big night! It was the fashion show. It was hectic! We had to be at the school for rehearsals at 9:00am and the back again at 3:00 pm to prepare for the show. I found the missing model: Chanet, a friend of Kyra's. We had the rehearsal on the BIG catwalk and it went well. We came back home and did hair. We got back to the school to do make-up and at 5:00pm we were getting all the models ready. The show started a bit late, around 6:30 instead of 6:00pm. We were second in the line up and, as you can imagine, I was the only designer to do Trashion. However the judges commended me for it and I did place third over all. There were 5 designers in total and I’m very proud of the winner, she deserved to win! As a designer, we were given roses!

In case it matters, I wore a pencil skirt, grey top and tail coat. Straight hair with a hat of my own. I was told I looked pretty good, I’m glad someone said something ‘Coz I stood on the stage/run-way and I didn’t want to look like a total idiot!  But with that said, here are the pictures:

DSC03722

Me And My Wonderful Models

DSC03741 

 

DSC03745

Kyra In Sunkissed

DSCN0747

Chenat (The Super model, she filled in at the last moment!) In Comic CandyDSCN0753

Sarah In Va-Nola

DSCN0749

    All Five Of us at the bottom of the Cat-WalkDSCN0767

Me After I Had been named in the top 3

DSC03752

  The entire “cast” for the evenings events

 

The judge told us that even if we didn’t win, we mustn’t give up, we must keep on doing what we do – Designing. She told me that “we need more people like you in the world, people who are eco-conscious and creative” she told me that there is a place in the fashion world for me, sustainable fashion. But now that the show is over I’m moving on to my next challenge.

Here’s a nice winners song

No comments:

Post a Comment