Thursday, August 18, 2011

My “Eat Pray Love”

There is this lady, Liz Gilbert. She wrote a book about her journey from New York, to Italy, then India and finally, Bali. She was married, then realised she didn’t want to be married to her husband. She sorta wanted a change in her life. I can agree, drop everything and travel for a year. I have a similar idea. I want to Eat, Rejuvenate, and then, Design. 
I have always wanted to go to Italy. I’ve wanted to walk the streets and see the Tuscan villas. I’ve wanted to eat a big bowl of real Italian pasta and learn the language.
Next would be Corfu island, in Greece. I lived there when I was 5 and have never forgotten the beauty of that island. We lived next to the beach, and had neighbours who brought us fresh eggs and cucumbers. We went to the local “taverna” for dinner now and again. The lifestyle we had was so relaxed and calming that I want to go and get my bearings there before I begin my career in fashion design.
In Liz’s book, she went to Bali, then fell in love, then started a life. She may even have gone back to New York. But that’s not part of my plan. My plan is to go on to Paris, France. I want to own a designer boutique in view of the Eiffel tower. Above my little boutique, I intend to have a small apartment for me and Clio to live in. Of course if I happen to fall in love between now and France, then my lover may join me.
Doesn’t that sound nice? It’s my dream. After a while, I may expend and open another store in New York or somewhere like that, but the boutique in Paris is my dream.

I think I neglected to mention that the best selling book of Liz Gilbert was made into a very successful movie, staring Julia Roberts.
Liz’s Eat Pray Love
Eat In Italy

2010_eat_pray_love_004 
This is Liz, Played by Julia walking the streets of Rome

2010_eat_pray_love_018
Liz having a “relationship” with her pizza

2010_eat_pray_love_036
After having made some new friends in Italy,
Liz and her friends go out to lunch

2010_eat_pray_love_landscapes_008
A beautiful view of the high buildings of Rome

2010_eat_pray_love_034

2010_eat_pray_love_035
This is a favourite of mine, Liz, having some Gelato
in Rome, next to some nuns

Pray In India 

2010_eat_pray_love_006
India. Liz touching an elephant that was walking
around near the temple she was staying in

2010_eat_pray_love_022
Enjoying a nice meal in India.

925419 - EAT PRAY LOVE 
Yet another friend that Liz made on her journey. I love how she
just makes all these new friends, every where she goes

925419 - EAT PRAY LOVE
The temple that she was staying in in India.
It was very pretty and so light.

Love In Bali

925419 - EAT PRAY LOVE
In Bali, Liz met an old medicine man Named Ketut
and he taught her about inner balance,

2010_eat_pray_love_010
One of my favourite things in this movie was how Liz travelled
on a bicycle! It looks so serene it made me want to go to Bali.

2010_eat_pray_love_043
Liz and her new found Love. They met when he almost
Ran her over while he was driving and she was riding her bicycle.

My Eat, Rejuvenate, Design

Eat In Italy

tuscany 2

xcvldf

Rejuvenate In Corfu

Cofru 3

Happily Forever After In Paris
With a fashion boutique

ljadsl

No comments:

Post a Comment