Monday, August 29, 2011

I have scoliosis and this is how I deal with it

scoliosis

[skoh-lee-oh-sis,]

sco·li·o·sis   
/ˌsko-ʊliˈoʊ-sɪs,ˌskɒl-i-/  

noun Pathology .
an abnormal lateral curvature of the spine.
noun
A condition of lateral curvature of the spine, which may have just one curve or primary and secondary compensatory curves and be fixed or mobile.

Origin:
1700–10; < Greek skolíōsis a bending

scoliosis
706, from Mod.L., from Gk. skoliosis "crookedness," from skolios "bent, curved," from PIE base *(s)qel- "crooked, curved, bent”

Now that we all know what scoliosis is I can continue to tell you what it does to me. I wear a back brace to prevent my 50 degree curve from getting worse. I could have surgery and not wear the brace but surgery fuses my spine together and that isn’t a pleasant idea.
The brace is big and bulky, thus making dressing a little more complex. the brace is oddly shaped and made of a hard plastic. It is sorta long, it passes my hips and starts around my bust. So the outfits I wear then to have to be long and loose.
I’m sick and tired of long and loose and wanna go back to the figure hugging outfits I wore two years ago, but I’m not saying I want to have the operation… 

DSC05875 DSC05881  DSC05879  DSC05902

DSC05888 DSC05882 DSC05885

DSC05890 DSC05903 DSC05901 DSC05863

No comments:

Post a Comment